Are you looking to collect ANZCA CPD credits? We’re now offering non-member access to our time-saving Patient Experience Survey service.
Update: In late-June 2018 ANZCA launched a new Paediatric (Child) version of their Patient Experience Survey and Summary Report. As we closely monitor ANZCA CPD updates for you, we have ensured this new amendment is live on our system and ready for you to use. Both Paediatric and Adult versions of the PES Survey & Summary Report are included in our service.
What does this mean for me?
You don’t need a monthly membership to use this service; we offer a PES-only option for a one-off fee. With this, you’ll receive full access to your own adult and paediatric surveys plus we will create for you the necessary PES summary report.
We host a secure form page on our website that your patients can visit to complete your PES forms. Once you receive 15 (as per ANZCA guidelines) completed forms, we automatically summarise and collate your forms – removing the hassle of summarising the PES forms yourself or hiring someone to do so.
These summaries can then be used as evidence for your ANZCA Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points.
What do I need to do to set up my PES form?
Click here to sign up. We’ll set it up for you and have the PES sent to your chosen administrator (as per ANZCA guidelines).
How do Anzca CPD Patient Experience Surveys work (quick)
- You join Anaesthetic Group – the PES is available as part of one of our monthly plans or via this new once-off PES-only add-on option under our Free Plan – to join and for pricing click here
- We act as your administrator
- We create a profile for you, and create your secure online PES forms (adult and paediatric versions included). You advise us the name and email address of your feedback provider (e.g a colleague) who will receive a copy of your surveys and someone you will later meet with to discuss your results (or you can notify us their details later)
- You ask your patients to provide feedback. This can be done on your invoice or receipt, for example
- Once you have 15 completed forms (as per ANZCA guidelines), we’ll automatically generate your summary for you (image below)
- You meet with your chosen colleague (aka feedback provider) to discuss your PES results.
- Once this is done, and you’re armed with your results, you can send off the ANZCA Verification Form to receive your 20 CPD points (we provide the signed ANZCA verification form with your summary)
- Read the detailed version here
It’s all very straightforward.
How do I encourage patients to complete my PES?
By far the easiest and most successful method is by including an automatic request on your bill/invoice.
“I hope you’ve had a pleasant experience with your recent surgery and you are recovering well. When you have a moment I would appreciate it if you could please complete my Patient Experience Survey at anaestheticgroup.com.au/yourshortlink.”
We will provide you with your short link when we set up your account.
How will I receive the summary report?
Your PES Summary Report will automatically be sent (by us) to your feedback provider.
We perform a monthly check on your PES forms, to see how many you have received. This is typically done in the first week of the month. Once you’ve reached 15 responses, your report will be automatically sent to your feedback provider. The reason we wait until you have 15 responses is that this is the minimum number of surveys per summary report accepted by ANZCA for CPD points. If at any point you require a report before 15 responses have been received, or need to know how many PES you have received so far, please get in touch and we’ll be happy to check for you.
How is each patient’s PES form returned?
Your patients will complete your PES forms online, on our secure website via the link on your profile page. The completed form is then instantly sent to your chosen PES feedback provider. We can also notify you of a form being completed (please contact us if you would like to also be notified).
What does it look like?
The Patient Experience Survey Form online is a simple to use secure form. Live example here. It is set up as per ANZCA guidelines.
The Summary Report is produced in a PDF document:
How much does it cost?
Anaesthetists not on a membership plan with us can purchase the option of Patient Experience Surveys for a once-off fee of $99 – this includes a link to and your own online PES form, collation of 15 completed forms (over any period of time), ANZCA Summary report preparation and a signed “Patient Experience Survey Confidentiality and CPD Verification Form”. This Summary report and form can then be uploaded to the ANZCA CPD website as evidence of performing Patient Experience Survey. Our survey fulfils ANZCA’s requirements for continuing professional development enabling you to receive 20 credit points for “Practice Evaluation”
There’s no time limit on this PES-only deal and there’s no monthly fee. If, however, you are interested in a monthly plan, we offer unlimited Pre-Op Health Questionnaires and unlimited PES, along with many other time-saving features.
How do I sign up?
It’s really easy to get set up, and in less than one day you can be collecting your PES with minimum fuss.
I have more questions
If you would like more information please take a moment to visit our complete article ANZCA CPD Patient Experience Survey – Everything you need to know. Alternatively please don’t hesitate to contact us or visit the ANZCA website.