As the calendar rolls over to a new financial year, it’s the perfect opportunity to look at our statistics and learn from our past.
As our members know, we always do our best to monitor the needs of our anaesthetists and their patients. We’re forever learning and embracing feedback.
So… what do we know?
Site data tells us a lot about our service, who is using it, when and also how. We thought we’d share some of the biggest revelations with you… Perhaps some may even surprise you!
- To-date, we’ve received an astounding 43,951 completed forms;
- One of our anaesthetists is a proud record-holder, having received 77 pre-op questionnaires in one month – this is up from the record of 57 forms in FY18. The average monthly count is 17 per anaesthetist;
- On average, patients spend 13 minutes and 3 seconds on our site to complete their pre-op questionnaires;
- Only approx. 5% of patients choose to save their pre-op form to complete later;
- Regarding Patient Experience Surveys, the average anaesthetist receives 3 patient experience surveys per month with the most popular receiving a staggering 26 in a single month;
- 48% of our visitors log on using desktop PCs, 44% use mobile devices, and 8% use tablets. Of the mobile visitors, 25% see our site with a screen resolution of 375 x 667 (= iPhone 6/7/8);
- 39% of users visit using a Safari browser, 36% with Chrome and only 10% with Internet Explorer;
- 41% of visitors have a Telstra internet connection, 21% are with Optus, 5% with TPG, 4% with iinet and only 1% use Vodafone;
- 59.5% of our website visitors are female and 40.5% male;
- 51% of our website visitors are aged between 25 and 44. Just 4% are aged between 18 and 24, and 12% are age 65+;
- 98% of users have their computers set to English with the next most popular language being Chinese at 1.1%;
- 49% of visitors come via Organic Search (e.g Google Search) and 48% via Direct Link (e.g entering the address or a doctor shortlink);
- Tuesday and Thursday are now the most popular days (last year it was Monday) with 17.3% and 16.8% of visitors falling on these days respectively;
- Our site is most popular between 2pm and 4pm;
Privacy is paramount
Our data comes from Google Analytics and monitoring figures from the website. Of course, these tools never record any data entered by your patients. The audience data, which tells us their gender and age, for example, comes purely from Google’s recognition tools and DOTS name validation. Similarly, Google doesn’t give us any personal information. Instead, we receive fascinating statistics reports, enabling us to provide a better service to you and your patients!
We find these facts fascinating, and think they could certainly help our anaesthetists when choosing when to remind patients about their pre-op form.